statements are interesting estrogen facts that might be of interest:
- Did you know that if a woman has to undergo any type of heart
surgery that the instruments used are those that are fitted to men?
Those improperly sized instruments could increase women's risks for
other serious ailments.
- Did you know that if a woman maintains her estrogen, she will not
- Did you know that the total risk of dying while taking hormones is
decreased by 37 percent as revealed an 18 year study and 33 percent
decreased in the Kaiser Permanente 23 year mortality study?
- Did you know that estrogen protects a woman's coronary arteries and
once the estrogen is depleted, she loses that protection? Data and
statistics state that heart disease is the number one cause of death
- Did you know that if you contract breast cancer, and are taking
estrogen, you will have a less severe case of breast cancer?
- Did you know that women taking hormones have a 20 percent decrease
risk of dying from breast cancer?
- Did you know that being overweight or obese increases the risk of
breast cancer especially if a woman is past menopause and/or if they
gained the weight later in life?
- Did you know that a woman's chance of being diagnosed with breast
cancer increases with age? When a woman is in her 30's, her chances are
1 in 233 and by the time she is in 80's, that risk is 1 in 8?
- Did you know that heart disease is the number one cause of death for
women with more than 246,000 deaths each year? The second most common
cause of death is stroke (96,000 cases). The third cause of death is
lung cancer (71,000 cases). The fourth cause of death are lower
respiratory diseases (67,000 cases) and the fifth cause of death is
breast cancer (40,000 cases).
- Did you know there is compelling evidence that estrogen is necessary
for glucose to cross the blood brain barrier. Without glucose the brain
dies. A hot flash is the brain screaming out for glucose. When the hot
flashes stop, that part of the brain has died. Seventy-one percent of
nursing home patients are women. Two out of three probably would not be
there if they had been on hormones.
- Did you know that weight gain can be a result of menopause? The
endocrine system of women, because of their hormone balance, makes it
difficult for them to lose weight after the age of 40. Weight gain for
women is governed by two groups of hormones, sex hormones (estrogen) and
thyroid hormones. Womanly figures are a result of estrogens which form
their busts, thighs, stomach, buttocks, slims the waist, softens the
skin and helps to decrease a woman's appetite. Equally important is the
DHEA hormone which also decreases after age 40. Again, another negative
result of menopause.
- Did you know that women who are not taking hormones have four times
as much Alzheimer's disease as men?
- Did you know that hip fractures are twice as common in women not
taking hormones? Fifteen percent of women with hip fractures will be
dead in six months. Twenty-five percent will never walk independently
again. Estrogen is twice as effective as other therapies in preventing
- Did you know that there are more than 6.3 million women taking
estrogen? The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has implemented the
guidelines for estrogen use to be limited to the lowest dosage for the
shortest period of time. However, they overlooked one specific group of
estrogen users - the millions of women who have taken it for more than
20+ years. One women, who lives in the Washington, DC area, is 94 years
old and has been taking estrogen for 53 years. Look at the hardship
those guidelines have placed on the millions of long term estrogen users
- the group that has never been acknowledged or included in studies. Who
is going to fix that catastrophe - and when?
- Did you know that more than 458 million women have taken oral
contraceptives and that they contain estrogen? Did you ever think about
how long women have taken birth control pills; maybe as long as 20, 30
or even 40 years?